Healthy Women Needed to join a CeMCOR study
Please note: we have completed recruitment for this study as of August 2010. Thank you to everyone who participated!
We are inviting healthy women between 19 and 40 years of age to participate as our comparative control group for a study that is looking at the genetics of a condition called polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). This study is conducted by VCHRI/UBC endocrinologist Dr. Jerilynn Prior.
Who can participate?
You may be eligible for this study if you are a woman who:
- Is between age 19 and 40
- Has regular menstrual cycles
- Has NOT been diagnosed with PCOS, diabetes, or insulin resistance
- Does not have excessive unwanted facial and body hair, more than normal acne, or head hair loss in a male pattern
What will I be expected to do?
- Visit our office at VGH for an interview session where we will ask you questions about your medical history and measure your height, weight, and waist circumference.
- Provide a blood sample for genetic analysis
Who do I contact?
For more information or to participate, please contact:
604.875.4111 ext 66948
→ Help us find participants by putting up a flyer [pdf] in your Vancouver neighbourhood!
This study is funded by the UBC Sharon Stewart Aniridia Research Grant
We Rely On Your Support
If you find these materials helpful, and if you are able, please consider making a donation to cover our costs and support the research and education objectives of the Centre for Menstrual Cycle and Ovulation Research.